Workflow for Managing song sections?

I suppose something like Receptor is also an option for sharing VSTs between mutliple projects. Not that I can justify buying one of those at the moment :slight_smile:

I too am using Vienna Ensemble - it really does speed up saving/loading with sample-heavy projects. But, you have to spend time creating the template :wink:

I assure you that what I do and what I want to do is very creative. I’m just not as organized as I am melodic. Sure, I can keep whole pop songs in my head. Longer, more complex pieces, not so much. People often think that to call yourself a real musician you have to be all things musical: composer, arranger, producer, engineer, mixer, performer, librarian, sound designer. I can do some of these things reasonably well, and others not at all.

I can write some really nice melodies, but I can’t keep them all straight in my brain at the same time. (And as it happens, I also suck at programming synthesizers.) This does not bother me. I’d like to focus on my strengths and use the tools to help me compensate for my weaknesses.

In a previous age, I suppose I would have needed to learn how to write sheet music, and then I would have hired an orchestra to play what I couldn’t. But one of the main advantages of being alive today is that I can use all this nifty music technology to realize the possibilities in my head.

By the way, thank you everybody for discussing VE Pro. I hadn’t heard of it, and it looks awesome! The prospect of having a master “always on” template that is independent of my Cubase projects is very exciting.

I will shortly have a spare computer anyways, and VE Pro seems like a great use for it!

I hear ya! But It’s time well spent. You will then be able to save and load your Cubase projects in no time, since the VSTi’s are independently open already. I’d call that accumulative time saving. :wink:

Good news! But beware you will need a lot of RAM on the slave system if you’re projects are using RAM-hungry VSTi’s.

Perceptive point. Just imagine Mozart, Bach, and other giants had the same tools we have today…(then again, were would the rest of us be placed in that calculation?) Nah… I’m glad they’re dead. :laughing:

Perceptive point. Just imagine Mozart, Bach, and other giants had the same tools we have today…(then again, were would the rest of us be placed in that calculation?) Nah… I’m glad they’re dead. > :laughing:

They would have been on the forums after crashing their machines. They were better off with a piano. And so would most of us. :mrgreen: