World first recording of the greatest romant.Symphony in CB7

I recently finished the world first recording of the (imho) greatest and infact largest romantic (Epoch=1815-1910) Symphony ever written. You can listen the whole appr. 250 000 notes of the 338 densly printed large Scorepages in two hours (123 Minutes) here:

Jean Louis Nicodé’s (1853-1919) “Gloria!” on klassik-resampled.de

For those a bit more in a hurry there is a little 10 minute “Gloria!”-Youtube-Trailer

While my notationsoftware was not able to work with more than half of the score, I was quite happy, that Cubase in general came along quite well with this extreme challenge (not to mention a more or less “little” slow down when opening up to much keyeditors of the more than hunderd miditracks simultaneously of this two hour Cubase-project.

Working with the complete available VSL-Sample content It really was a pleasure to define the “articulationtype” via an expressionmap for this track in the infoline of a certain selected midievent.

(I say “articulationtype” since it is maybe possble but in no way practicable to controll all avaiable VSL-articulations with seperated articulation definitions. Therefor I decided for example to load all different available pizzicatos of an certain Instrument in a Vienna-instruments matrix, all diferent legatos in another and so on for each articulationtype of each instrument, selected with the expresionmap just one of the available Vienna-instrument-matrix, but controlled with another CC of the track which of the available pizzicatos I want to be played. In short: the expressionmap is the right concepts, but still could and should be more develloped to meet the demands of the more and more highly differenciated samplelibraries.)

If you are interested, feel free to listen the quite ingenius music of Nicodé which for sure you never have heard before. At least in my ears Nicodé seem to be one of the very few which could level up with a genius like Gustav Mahler. However I hope you will like the music.

best
fahl5

:mrgreen:

I admit I haven’t heard of Nicode. I assumed from his name he was French, not Prussian. Your realization sounds quite good. I listened to the entire first movement :sunglasses: