Worst support ever seen

found the other topic

1 Like

Hi Steffen,

thanks for your huge engagement

I made two more tests meanwhile:

1. Software except of newest VC++ deinstalled, restart and then eLC installed. No success.

2. eLC and VC++ deinstalled, restart, then with Steinberg_Download_Assistant_1.31.1_Installer_win.exe made a clean install. No success.

Now I am running out of further ideas.

BTW: If you start eLC as Admin, nearly all menu items are disabled. Thereā€™s a popup in the back:
grafik

Iā€™ve read that elsewhere as well.

I hope on an answer to the other thread you found :slight_smile:

Thanks and best regards from DĆ¼sseldorf - Frank

Sorry if this was suggested again, perhaps re-install windows from scratch?

Sure, I use my PC only for Steinberg. This software is not worth it.
Forget it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if this is normal, but after local\temp folder the backslashes are turning into forward slashes. I know .net framework uses forwardslashes in URIā€™s but they look like file locations.

I had this happen with NI komplete and library locations in the past, had to correct the library locations in registry, but donā€™t know if this is relevant. That debug log could be pre parse.

I see your point and also noticed it, but nowadays Windows usually can also handle slashes same as backslashes (hope the eLC can do as well). At least the installation in general looked fine. Still my assumption is, that it is not an installation issue but a network communication issue. At least Steinberg managed it in the meantime, that my opened tickets donā€™t run into a 404-Error anymore. I opened a 4th ticket today pointing to this thread, as it contains so much analysis in the meantime. Thank you for spending time on this as well :slight_smile: