worth buying?

Hi guys

Im looking at buying the cc121 it looks pretty good.
But can anyone tell me can I control 3rd party plugins and vst instruments with it?

In general is a good bit of kit and will it be a good addition to my setup?

Cheers. :wink:

It’s a very solid piece of kit, and the advertised features all work well. However, the EQ section can only control Cubase’s channel EQ, and the AI knob can control all cubase parameters, all vst3 instrument parameters and some vst2 instrument parameters. Note that last bit, it’s a bit hit and miss to get the AI knob to work with third party plugins.

I like it though, it looks great and works well.

It does look realy a realy cool bit of kit…shame it wont control my other plugins.
I do like the look of it though can imagine tracking myself will be easyer with it.

Thanks for the info
:wink:

Hello Andyah,

the EQ section can only control Cubase’s channel EQ, and the AI knob can control all cubase parameters, all vst3 instrument parameters and some vst2 instrument parameters.

That is not right:

1. With the EQ section you can also control the Quick Controls of Cubase, so you can control parameters of plugins
  2. Every value that you can change with your mouse wheel, can also be controlled with the AI knob. Please keep in mind that you might have to click first on a value before you can change it with the AI knob.

Cheers,

Chris

Oh yeah, sorry Chris, you’re right. The quick controls are rather useful as well :slight_smile:
No sarcasm here btw, in case that wasn’t clear.

I think im going to invest in one…i have I wireless mouse and keyboard the mouse aint too bad but I usualy find myself having to type in exact amounts to vol or eqs.

it looks very usable.

Also how long is the cable to connect it to my daw can I extend it with no performance loss?

Mine didn’t come with the original USB cable so I wouldn’t know, I think you can easily go up to 5 meters without problems. Note that Steinberg advises against using it in a USB hub. I never tried it, but it’ll probably work anyway :wink:

Excellent

my pc is as quite as you can get it (with special selected hardware) without water cooling it…anything that is connected like my saff pro 40 and monitor have extended cables.my pc is right next to my door so when I record with mics it put out of the room.i dont have a usb hub and the only thing connected to my pc is the steiny dongle and mouse/keyboard dongle…plenty of room for it.

:slight_smile: