Worth upgrading from Cubase 5 to Cubase 6 Elements?

Hi!

I have been considering upgrading from Cubase 5 to Cubase 6 Elements (student) which would cost me about 80$/60€.
I have seen some of the changes, but I was mostly wondering about stability. At the moment Cubase 5 crashes sometimes for me and it also has routing issues when I use multiple sound cards. Are bugs like this fixed? I’m really looking for stability/automatic backup and 64bit compatability… I’m quite pleased with the functions in Cubase 5. So I was wondering, is it worth upgrading for these reasons?

There is no upgrade from Cubase 5 to Cubase Elements 6. Because this would actually be a complete downgrade featurewise

I would say, in your case, no, it is not worth upgrading. Cubase 5 is already 64 bit so no gain there. There is auto-save (which C5 has) but no auto backup so, again, no gain. And If your system in unable to run C5 reliably it will probably only get worse with Cubase 6. I recommend sorting the problems in your system first. Most likely, using multiple sound cards is causing conflicts, etc.
HTH
J.L.