Would like to hear specifically from Cubase users who have switched from Mac to Windows.

I know this thread was intended ONLY for users of both, Win and Mac. I apologise for answering here cause I am only a Win user. But what I can contribute with is, those blue screens and sudden reboots, etc, are something from the past. I have 3 computers. 1 Win7 32b, Win 8.1 64b and another Win10 64b. Interruptions are very very rare as long as you keep your computer clean from bizarre software. If you refrain from installing and unstalling a lot of games and from installing every free software you find in every corner, Windows today is far most stable than in the past. This has been my experience in the past 6 years.

Gotcha. I couldn’t care less about iMessage/iCloud etc., so I’m good on that front. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I use both. Windows Desktop and 2012 “MacBookPro”. runs pretty much the same on both. ocasional elicenser errors and crashes and ASIO usage greater then in other DAWs.

Have a chat to Pete Kaine at Scan for a 3xs windows machine. They are truly excellent and are mighty powerful and quiet. My 2013 build is stilling running like clockwork. Worked straight out the box.

My experience - PC only now. Ran a suite of macs at a studio with Cubase. Provided tech support to both mac and PC users in studios for 10 years. Worked with several composers on macs. Despite some of the mac users trying to cover up errors and faults with crazy excuses (the things these fan boys will blame!) I saw just as many problems on Mac setups as I did on PC.

Like clockwork! - I hope not :smiley: