Wow, is what I'm thinking... and it ain't in a good way

Sorry, somebody inadvertently landed here and made some disparaging remarks about the Cubase documentation, and I pointed out that this is the wrong forum (in usual Tubbs and Edward fashion).

The thread Marc’s referring to is microtonal accidentals - #2 by pianoleo - I don’t think your steps miss anything, but if you’ve landed on the Inputting Microtonal Accidentals page then I’d argue that that page is confusing.

It’s

1. Prerequisite
  2. Stuff you can only do once you’ve done the prerequisite thing - but in Dorico you can see the microtonal accidentals without having done the prerequisite thing.
  3. Related links, one of which will explain how to achieve 1. Prerequisite.

I think it’s the fact that changing the tonality system looks as easy as grabbing 24-EDO from the dropdown, yet it isn’t (and can’t be).

I certainly can’t think of a good solution, but I wonder if in future there may be a way of incorporating related links into the body itself, e.g.

Prerequisite

For the section of your project where you want to input microtonal accidentals, you have changed the tonality system to one that allows microtonal accidentals, such as Equal temperament (24-EDO).