Wow, just wow.

David,

Yes, that was certainly the motivation. If you are using a library such as EW Hollywood Strings then you have to load the articulations into separate channels of the same instance, and so the channel switches are required to support that workflow. The multiple voice routing allows for either thickening of the sound by using a different patch, or just allowing each voice to have its automation data or separate playing techniques. eg one common use case is for arco and pizz to be notated in multiple voices on the same stave. With Independent Voice Routing these will now play back correctly.

Congratulations to the whole Dorico team !
Very impressive upgrade indeed…

You guys are the best.
Yan

Had Daniel looked to the camera instead of the tracking monitor, that would’ve been a hilarious, pitch-perfect Office-style moment…!

Excellent update! Have been fiddling around with it over the last few hours and love everything you have done! Condensing was the last feature I was missing to finally make the switch from Sibelius after using Dorico only for a handful of projects over the last couple of years. But with this update, I don’t see a point in being frustrated any further by Sibelius and its quirks.

Not sure how to caption that video clip.

“Daniel and Dorico 3 bring down the house.”

or

“Hey, who in the audience clicked on the wall?!”

Yes! The MIDI info and piano roll use only ONE disclosure button, instead of two!

Screenshot 17.png

Notice that we decided to remove the Player lanes as we thought that they had limited use. In Play Mode, you’re generally more concerned about Instruments than Players. Also ctrl-click will expand/collapse all tracks in one go

That was a wonderful and wise decision!

I noticed, and is a very welcome change. It’s an arrow less to click.

woah I am glad I visited this forums just accidently because I had a thread open 2/3 days ago otherwise I’m here once a month… soo wait is Dorico 3 out? where are those details on new stuff/features? also, where can I find the link to buy the update from 2 elemnts edu to pro 3 edu if it is out? thanks :slight_smile:)

Chummy-- It’s my understanding that edu or not has no effect on upgrade price.

It’s a bit different if you have an educational license for Elements 2: you can buy an upgrade to the educational version if Dorico Pro 3. You should find the upgrade in the Steinberg online shop.

Great update! So fun playing chords into three stems and get them spread out in realtime!
_

I have to agree, wow, beautiful done, version 3 is just packed with great stuff, Congratulations to the whole team, well done!!

Looks amazing Dorico Team, thank you so much!

Guitar notation features are outstanding!

Thanks so much for Dorico 3. It’s outstanding. Exceptional.

A few weeks ago I wrote in this forum that I’d drawn up a wishlist of things I really wanted from Dorico 3. At the top of the list were 5 items I was really hoping for. I got 4 of them in Dorico 3. Four out of 5. How’s that for a result?

I haven’t touched the Condensing feature yet but I will - it was one of the 5 and I’m looking forward to applying it in in Vocal scores. I’ve a few that I’ve been storing up for precisely this to happen. The guitar tablature isn’t my thing - I doubt I’ll be using that but I’ll be fascinated to see what guitarists make of it; it’s so detailed. What strikes me with both developments is the incredible amount of work that has gone into them.

In addition to the things that I really wanted, there were a few others that maybe some have missed. Sorting out renaming VST’s, reducing the amount of clicking in Play Mode, managing lyrics vertically, Standard Bold, Italic etc commands now accepted - and quite a few others. Simple things that make a huge difference.

For anyone that hasn’t, I would recommend reading through the list of improvements (page 51 onwards in the Version History). We all have our lists of things of things we want but its’ clear the Dorico Team have their own ideas on that front and many of the improvements are good enough to leave you wondering why you didn’t ask for those as well.

So. Bottom line. I’m delighted - thanks as ever to the team. Great, great job. I’ve spent a day with it today and it’s different beast to Dorico 2. More grown up. Bigger.

I spotted this on Twitter earlier today. From Howard Goodall, one of our finest composers.

After talking about how great the condensing feature was, I finally used it this afternoon. :laughing:

I knew what would happen, but when it happened, I still laughed out loud. Absolutely, outstanding.

I was glad to find an appreciation thread -
I can’t believe what a value this is for a $100 upgrade.

Wow indeed.

thanks so much for doing what you do.
it’s so very thoughtfully done.

appreciated greatly.

Jack

I’d like to join in with the cheering! Selection is so much better now. And the first thing I did was replace all my bug-y work-around mis-used pedal-lines with real wonderfull horizontal lines. Yippieyahoo!