Write automation to selected range?

Is there a workflow to:

1. select a time range in a particular track
  2. switch on Automation Preview
  3. change a parameter , e.g. a EQ’s band or a send level, without “riding it’s parameter with the transport rolling”
  4. write that parameter’s value to the selected time range (= switch off Automation Preview)

??

Thanks.
Niek/ AMsterdam.

(1a - Activate fill loop)
  3. change a parameter , e.g. a EQ’s band or a send level, without “riding it’s parameter with the transport rolling”
  4. Punch (Automation panel)

I suggest you dig into the automation panel manual, there are many-many great things in there.

HTH

Fredo

Also, once you’ve tried this out for a while you might figure out what you end up doing frequently, and you can then create a macro that takes care of several of the steps. Very handy.

Thanks for your great help !
Niek/ Amsterdam.

PS:
0. Put track into “Write”-mode

(1a - Activate fill loop)
    1b - move locators to selection
  4. Punch (Automation panel)

:slight_smile:
Obviously.

Fredo

Since you have an Euphonix, it might be a good idea to have various fill modes and preview on the hardware. It saves a lot of screen space since the automation panel in Nuendo is so ridiculously large.

Thanks,
I made a great “daily used”-automation-shortcuts-page on my MC Pro which makes “working without menu’s” very easy.
EUCon is really great I think.