I have a problem, I want to be able to write automation when I move a knob of my keyboard. it is weird but I can’t do that. I’m doing the following:
1. My DAW is cubase 7, midi keyboard is M-audio axiom 49 running on windows 8 professional
2. I’m using NI massive and the midi learn feature to map the Macro 1 knob from my massive to my knob (cc 56 I guess)
3. It works fine, when I move the knob of my keyboard macro 1 from massive moves to
4. I enable the read/write automation from cubase track, and hit play, then I move my midi keyboard knob and expect to write some automation while it is playing, but NOTHING HAPPENS
5. Then I go back, hit play again but instead of using my midi keyboard, I move massive’s knob with my mouse and Voila, it works.
so I really dont understand this behavior since the midi keyboard is moving massive’s knob cubase should write this movement, or how does cubase it works ??
Thanks in advance and have a great day