Wrong Audio Take After Cubase Import

I have a song I created in Cubase 12 in which I did multiple takes of a guitar solo and chose one as the final solo (but kept the other takes). I exported the project as a VST Media project. When I imported it in VST Live, it chose the wrong take. The names matched up (Take 9) but the audio was from a different take. I was able to drag the correct take from Cubase over to VST Live and drop it in place, but then the timing was off (I used snap to grid both in the original Cubase project and in VST Live). I had to turn off snap to grid and nudge the correct take a bit to the left to get it to align correctly. So I guess there are two bugs here: the wrong take being chosen, and the audio not aligning when I drag and drop it from Cubase.

I’m happy to share my Cubase file if anyone from Steinberg wants to try to replicate this.

Hi @gmfraser,

Thank you. That would be very helpful. Maybe you can minimise your Cubase project to use only the problematic track(s)? Then create a backup-project (Cubase-Menu / File / Back up Project…) and share it to us.

/Michael.

1 Like

Okay, should I send just the .cpr file or zip up the entire backup folder? And should I post it here or email it somewhere?

week-2-song-02.cpr (405.5 KB)

Looks like the whole project folder is too large to upload, so just posting the .cpr file for now. Please let me know if you need anything else.

… thank you. Please give us some time while we analyse the problem.

/Michael.

1 Like

Thank you. Please let me know if you want any of the other project files. I can email you the zipped project folder if that is helpful.

Hi @gmfraser,

the bug is fixed for the next update. Meanwhile you can use a workaround to transfer your Cubase project file to VL. The tempo of your Cubase project file is 140. Add a tempo track (with 140 BPM) and export that track to VL, too. Then the offset of your Take will be correct. But beware. It seems that you used stretch audio files in Cubase? VL does not support Time-Stretch for audio files.

See you
Michael.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s great to hear it will be fixed in the next update. And appreciate the tip for the workaround.

That’s odd, I don’t remember stretching audio files in that project, but maybe I changed the tempo at some point and it stretched them.