Wrong behavior with instrument change

Hi,

I have one player with two instruments : flute and piccolo.

Everything works fine except for this little bar.

It shows correctly with the Galley View, but not in the Page View.

I can’t reproduce this in a new project. Post the project. We cannot diagnose the problem from a screenshot.

The screenshots don’t appear to show an instrument change.

La capture d’écran n’est pas au bon endroit, si je peux me permettre…

Bonjour Marc,

Je ne connais pas le foncitionnement de ce forum.

De quelle manière dois-je procéder ?

Louis

Hi Chuck,

I am new to this forum.

How can I post the project ?

Louis

Hi Louis, you need to zip it first, then you can post it here.

zip the file (or add dot zip to the end of the dorico file name) and since your question is not about playback, you might want to set the playback template to Silent to make the file size smaller. Then you should be able to attach your file to the thread using the “Full Editor & Preview” screen below.

Hi Chuck,

It seems my zip file is too large! Is it possible to pickup a link for you on my DropBox ?

The problem occurs on the «flûte 2 et piccolo» on bar 282

Thank you for your help.

Here is the DropBox link : Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

The problem occurs on bar 282 on the « flûte 2 et piccolo »

The file is too large!

Here is the DropBox link : Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

The problem occurs on bar 282 on the « flûte 2 et piccolo »

Hi Louis.
I cannot open your file, since the link you provide gives me access to a folder, and not a .dorico file. I tried zipping it up and changing the suffix but it did not work.
You can attach the project here, providing the size is not too big. The best way to shrink the size is to go to Play mode> Playback template and choose silent. Then save, add .zip to the filename and then attach it here.
When I wrote your captures were not in the right place, I meant on your screen: they do not exhibit anything useful (at least for me), you could have selected a larger area so that we know what we’re looking at (but I have the feeling we’re seeing the bar before the instrument change).
Hope this helps !

Marc

I hope this time the screen capture are correctly showing the problem occurring at bar 282.

And this link might work to see the complete file : Dropbox - L'indécis version 2015.dorico - Simplify your life

Thank you Marc for taking the time.

What is causing the problem is Dorico is doing the instrument change after the last note in the Flute. This causes Dorico to use the fermata over the bar rest in the Piccolo. To change where this happens, I did the following.

Add a note in a new voice for the flute on beat 4.
In Properties Panel, Suppress Playback and set Custom Scale to 1%.
Select half and quarter rests in Voice 2 then Edit > Remove rests.
Select Fermata, then in Properties Panel change Max fermatas per staff to one per staff.

Thanks a lot, Craig. Really appreciated.

I hope this kind of problem is going to be a thing of the past in the future !