wrong version of dorico opening

hi there –

I’m on a MAC running OSX 10.14.6 and sometimes when I click to open Dorico from my dock, an unregistered version of Dorico SE opens up instead of Dorico Pro. I’m not sure why this happens – I do not have Dorico SE installed on this computer… thoughts?

thank you!

1 Like

There is only one Dorico 3 application. It runs as SE, Elements or Pro dependent on which license is available. If your license is on a USB eLicenser, try a different USB port. Whether it’s on the USB eLicenser or the Soft eLicenser, run eLicenser Control Center and allow it to perform maintenance tasks, then try running Dorico again.

Got it - thank you! Maybe I tried to start Dorico too soon in my bootup process, so the licenser might’ve not kicked in… At any rate I’ve updated it now - thanks Leo!

Hi, I’m having the same issue. About every fourth or fifth time that I open Dorico it opens SE instead of Pro. I just right away close it and open it again and then it opens Pro. I’m using the new licenser system in Dorico 4 (so not the USB or the old version of the e-licenser).

Any ideas?

Dorico can start up as SE or Elements if you’re holding down a modifier key at launch. Could that be happening?

I don’t think that’s the case. I always open it from Spotlight and I’m fairly sure I’m not holding anything down when I press return.