WTB Cubase VST32 5.1 (Mac OS)

Hi all,

I’m looking for a copy of Cubase 5.1 for Mac OS 9. Yep some of us are still using this.

I have a fairly unique KORG OASYS PCI card which only supports Mac OS 9, and would like to add some Cubase support native on the machine to help with recording. I have the latest software on my main DAW, this is just to support the OASYS card.

Let me know PM if you have anything ?

Thanks

The license for the current version of Cubase can load Cubase 5, and all previous versions. You just need to update the eLicenser database on the Mac OS 9 machine.

You don’t need another Cubase 5 license unless you’re bothered by moving the dongle around.

Edit: Wrong Cubase 5. :laughing:

He’s talking about Cubase 5.1 VST! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Oh… of course. I keep forgetting that Mac OS 9 is almost 20 years old.

In that case he’ll indeed have to buy Cubase VST from someone. In hindsight I’m not sure if any version of the eLicenser Control Center would even work on OS 9.

I went to Mac after Atari, and if I remember this correctly, on Mac OS 9 there was no dongle. It required a serial number and to read the install CD, which would take about 30 minutes. Ah, the good old days. :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

I just had a look- I still have the install CD for VST 5.1, and 3.5! But unfortunately, I have no idea where the serial number could be, and no OS 9 machine to try it out on. I’ll keep my eyes open though, silcreval.

VST32 5.1 I thought was one of the best looking interfaces for Cubase. I will have to google some pictures to remind and confirm for myself. Sorry I can’t help with a copy/SN for MAc,