WTF Cubase?? Renaming Pool files Screws Up Clips

Using Cubase 10.5.20.

I am TRYING to make some samples for a Kontakt instrument. I recorded the samples to different audio tracks in Cubase.

I want to rename each of the sample files to include its corresponding key name. So I right click the clip in Cubase, choose “Find in the Pool”, then edit the file name there (double-click the file name).

Now Cubase f***s up the clips and no longer has the correct samples per clip.

WTF ???

Can anyone confirm that this is a problem that needs addressing?

I can not simply rename the file in media pool ( cubase 10.5.20 )

finally I managed to rename the file but it disappeared from the project. Neither in pool nor anywhere. WTF ???

In my case the files are there, but Cubase doesn’t use the correct file for the formally associated audio clips.

I just tried renaming some clips in the pool in Cubase 12. First one worked fine. The second simply disappeared from the pool. The file on the hard drive was renamed, but what happened with the pool? I closed the project without saving and reopened–and then it couldn’t find the renamed files. So I had to close it again, change the name back in Windows, and then open it again.

Beyond that, I had a “serious error” warning after creating some subfolders in the pool. I can’t say for certain but I suspect it’s because one of the folder names got a little long–after going back to an earlier version of the project and using shorter names, I didn’t get the same “serious error” thing.

Hard to believe such basic issues plague supposedly “professional” software, and in many cases the same bugs have been there for a decade or more.

Considering this is a reply to 3-year-old topic, maybe plagued is a bit strong.

Three years and still not fixed, and this is just one example of many. I’d say the description fits. Sure, I could have started a new thread, but replying makes it clear this is not new.

2 Likes