X-Touch (+Extender) MIDI Remote Script (MCU mode)

Oh, thanks for pointing this out!

@matthieu_guihot I’ve released v1.10.1 fixing Shift + Channel Left/Right navigation of plugin parameter pages :v:

1 Like

Oh yes!!
You’re the king. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Well, I feel a lot more royal now :crown: Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Here very good ideas fro implementation https://youtu.be/D9KQu1ijrrs?si=II1buL0oZabc7Cdi

Thank you so much. I have the X Touch One working properly now the device is set to ‘MC Cub’ after watching Darren’s video. I’d had it on ‘MC Std’. The video linked in the Github read me uses the 8 channel job which shows different options.

New to this but do X Touch One users have much need for the channel select button? Unless I’m missing something the device only operates on the already selected channel. If I could I’d reprogram it with something more useful. Still getting my head around how the given mappings relate to the One so not sure what yet.
(Edit: just figured out the channel monitor encoder push. Otherwise monitor would fit nicely on the channel select key alongside mute/solo/rec)

1 Like

Evening thought…
With the “SEND” section I would like to be able to use it easily and without been dependant of my computer screen. This means I need to have the effect name displayed on the Xtouch.
Actualy we can see “Niveau” or “PrePost” (I’m French…) on the small screens but I’m not able to know which effect is selected.
So, in use, I would like to have also the name of the corresponding effect affected (for example below, on the second line)
In addition, the must would be to switch automaticaly in “FLIP” mode as soon as I press “SEND”.

Really helpful with my channel strip plugins with many parameters. Thanks again!

1 Like

Talking about Shift functions. I tried to set up additional Shift mappings (SHIFT-LEFT), but I didn’t manage. Dear @bjoluc - is it possible to edit the SHIFT subpage in Cubase or can this only be scripted?

If it only can be scripted, I’d post a feature request via GitHub for more details.

1 Like

" * The function buttons F1-F8 can only have one assignment per button, no matter whether “Shift” is held or not (“Shift” activates a sub page and the Mapping Assistant doesn’t consider sub pages)"
https://github.com/bjoluc/cubase-mcu-midiremote

If you referred to my suggestion: I was not talking abour the function buttons, but a possible assignment for the “cursor keys” on the X-Touch - either in the Mapping Assistant (but you say this won’t be possible) or in the code.

Please see Additional Shift Functions for Viewport Zooms · Issue #43 · bjoluc/cubase-mcu-midiremote · GitHub for more details.

Thanks @matthieu_guihot, I fully agree. This has been on my list for a while and I’m hoping to get to it soon.

1 Like