X-Touch Midi Remote Cubase 12

Thanks @Jochen_Trappe , it works if I use Generic remote (as I did in Nuendo 11). I just double checked, and it works when you have selected for example, Mixer>Selected>Monitor. Although the odd thing is, the monitor option itsn’t available to select unless you have an Audio track selected when setting it up. But it then does work for MIDI tracks. Read, Write, Monitor, Solo, Mute and Rec all work that way for MIDI.

Good to hear the issue will be fixed.

Thank you for let us know I got the same problem with Nuendo 12.

I found the same thing. So I just went through and figured out which buttons didn’t have a current function and then made up a custom midi remote and added only those functions. Not perfect but upped the functionality game on the X-Touch in Cubase by quite a bit.

Once you figure out which buttons are available for programming, you could reserve one or two of those to act as a toggle function to go between “mapping pages” and then have multiple layers within your custom remote for each of the buttons available to you.

So there’s not really a shortage of buttons, but I had to leave all the encoders and faders alone, so to add more knobs and faders, I added in a Korg Nanokontrol2 as a cheap alternative until the full functionality of the controllers are available to us. With that you can also have multiple layers available. So a couple controllers go a long way.

Blockquote
Basically, if I choose a ‘Selected tack’ command, like Solo, Record Enable or Mute, it only works for Audio and Instrument tacks - it doesn’t’t work for folders or MIDI tracks

Just confirming this is fixed in Nuendo 12.0.40 and works as expected