x64 control surface w/ real faders & no audio I/O???

Thank you, Jerome. I’ll check out your goodies soon. The modified BCF View looks particularly interesting.

I have been using the BCF now for a week or so and it does in fact work out of the box. The BCF with the ShuttlePro is really working nicely and having the transport controls separated as opposed to integrated on the same surface is much more ergonomic. The ability to program the ShuttlePro to my specific needs so easily is another huge bonus. In short, the ShuttlePro on my left, BCF center, and mouse to my right are perfect and I rarely need to reach for my diNovo keyboard. Everything works and it only set me back $268US plus a little time to program the ShuttlePro. Sadly, however, Cubase is the trouble child in all this. I’m hoping this setup will work well with Sonar or ProTools. Thanks again for the insight into dual BCFs and the link to your “goodies”.

Hi !

Sadly, however, Cubase is the trouble child in all this. I’m hoping this setup will work well with Sonar or ProTools. Thanks again for the insight into dual BCFs and the link to your “goodies”.

What do you mean ? I used a BCF 2000 for 7 years with Cubase and it has always worked very well. What sort of problem are you experiencing with Cubase especially ?

Within the context of the BCF & ShuttlPro everything works fine, so I’m glad you asked so that I could clear that up.

In the past six weeks I’ve done two more fresh installs that solved some of the issues I was having so the only thing now appears to be the “hang on exit”. I’m finally done setting up and trouble shooting after four months and was actually able to write a piece for my niece and nephew, a duet for violin and clarinet, edit it, and print out the music from score editor uninterrupted and undistracted by major bugs or issues. A simple task to be sure but it went a long way in making me feel that the system is stable enough to start actual work.