XAir18 Recording Issue

Hey guys,

I’m having a very strange issue with my XR18 recording. I was wondering if some of you have encountered this or experienced it, so here it goes:

I was recording a long format interview (1 hour) with 3 lavalier mics and 2 shotguns for backup. The first half went just fine, no issues. The second half however, monitored perfectly fine, but upon editing review of the audio, I noticed that ALL the tracks had what sounded like a sample rate change (fast forwarding effect) intermittently dispersed through the whole rest of the session. They seem to be permanently baked into the tracks.

Has anyone else experienced this, and maybe know some solutions to fix it and prevent it from happening again?

Thanks for your time. I can upload the clip if that will help.

-Alex

It sounds like you have sample rate mismatch, it sometimes happen when you import files, I don’t figure exact reason but working in 2x sample rate sometimes make strange case like this. If it sounds fast forwarding, that could mean Cubase is running at 2xFS while the recording is actually 1xFS.

That’s the thing, I know it’s not sample rate mismatch because the rest of the audio works fine. It’s literally happening 2 minutes into the last part of the interview for like 5 second spurts and then it returns to normal.