XML error on import: ERROR - Element 'midi-program': '0' is not a valid value of the atomic type 'midi-128'.

Anyone know what this error means? I’m gettin git when importing an xml file from Cubase. Thanks!

ERROR - Element ‘midi-program’: ‘0’ is not a valid value of the atomic type ‘midi-128’.
At line 37 of /Users/joel/Desktop/testing_skokiana_score.xml
ERROR - Element ‘midi-program’: ‘0’ is not a valid value of the atomic type ‘midi-128’.
At line 48 of /Users/joel/Desktop/testing_skokiana_score.xml
ERROR - Element ‘midi-program’: ‘0’ is not a valid value of the atomic type ‘midi-128’.
At line 59 of /Users/joel/Desktop/testing_skokiana_score.xml
ERROR - Element ‘midi-program’: ‘0’ is not a valid value of the atomic type ‘midi-128’.
At line 70 of /Users/joel/Desktop/testing_skokiana_score.xml
ERROR - Element ‘midi-program’: ‘0’ is not a valid value of the atomic type ‘midi-128’.
At line 81 of /Users/joel/Desktop/testing_skokiana_score.xml
ERROR - Element ‘midi-program’: ‘0’ is not a valid value of the atomic type ‘midi-128’.
At line 92 of /Users/joel/Desktop/testing_skokiana_score.xml
ERROR - Element ‘midi-program’: ‘0’ is not a valid value of the atomic type ‘midi-128’.
At line 103 of /Users/joel/Desktop/testing_skokiana_score.xml

Yes, it means that Cubase has a little bug in its MusicXML export, and it’s exporting an invalid value in the ‘midi-program’ element. I thought this had been fixed: are you definitely running the latest version of Cubase?

Unfortunately, right now I’m using 9.5.0. I am stuck in this bug loop:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=250&t=135203&sid=0c6e2d9121d83e9403b466acae6c3216

Before yesterday, I never noticed this bug, but it first happened when I tried to export an XML. Cubase 9.5.2 crashed on me. I thought it was an XML bug, but then I saw it was happening every time a file browser window (I’m not sure of the best word for the window-but it’s the one that looks like the OS). So I spent a few hours yesterday trying to trace the problem. I was able to reinstall 9.5.0 and it works, but I’m not able to get 9.5.10 to install and 9.5.20 is causing that crash. I submitted a support ticket with Cubase, and I’m hoping they will resolve it quickly. I’m not wanting to blame the Dorico trial, but I have never had this issue happen before.

Of course I can’t say categorically that it’s impossible, but I can’t think of any way in which having the Dorico trial installed on your computer would introduce problems with Cubase. Nevertheless I hope you’re able to get back up and running with a more recent version of Cubase soon. However, if this problem were fixed, it would have been fixed before 9.5.0 anyway, so I’ll need to check up with the Cubase team on the status of that problem.

Martin over on the Cubase forum helped me track down that the issue has something to do with the finder extensions on the mac. When I disable the extensions (dropbox and Adobe CC in my case), then the Cubase issue stops happening. So-indeed-it does not seem to be related to Dorico. Yea!