XML Import Workflow.

Hey, before I start this next project I wanted ask for some mistake-avoiding workflow. I am stil work with Logic X for composing and now I composed some pieces for string quartets that I want to layout in Dorico 3.
Is there anything special to remark. Can I import all four XML Files at on time, do I have to put some special things into the session before to avoid difficulties?

Thanx for help.

Gogollny

1. Go to Preferences > MusicXML Import and work carefully through the options. Most of the time you’re best off unticking all of them.
  2. Set up a quartet in Dorico, then use File > Import to bring the MusicXML into Dorico. Don’t “open” the MusicXML files directly in Dorico, or the settings in Preferences > MusicXML Import won’t be respected.

Wow, you’re really fast, and that on a Sunday evening.
And the Quartett in Dorico will recognize the XML string Quartett by keys?

Thanx a lot, …

I’ve not tried exporting from Logic. When Dorico asks you if you want to “merge” or “add all new players” (sorry, I’m not sure what the German is), tell it to “merge”. If it gets it right, great; if it gets it wrong, copy and paste all the music from the imported Vln 1 stave into your existing Vln 1 stave, etc.

I’ve found that making a temporary special layout including all the Vln 1’s makes this copying to a single part easier when for whatever reason they do not merge as expected.

Thank you both. I´ll try to figure it out.

making a temporary special layout including all the Vln 1’s

Sorry … lost in translation. What do you concretely mean ?

When Dorico asks you if you want to “merge” or “add all new players”

Hm unfortunately that doesn’t work. There is always a new page with the files is created. When I import it as a “tutti” file and when I do a single import.

Is there a possibility to put that String Quartett Layout Preset to the Imported XML File after importing?

No. You can either copy and paste the music from the existing staves onto the templated staves, or you can “change instrument” for each of the imported staves and then rename if necessary.

Ok, doing the second …thank you