XML imported from Finale - Weird sounds

Mozart - Divertimento K563.zip (293.8 KB)

Thanks a lot Derrek!!!
It worked!!

I can’t see anything wrong with the Finale or XML file.

Your original project file had “Violin Solo” patch with the “HSO Violin Solo” expression map (used for the “Violin Solo Combi” patch. That violin patch ‘doesn’t stop’ at the G string – the notes continue much lower, onto the F0 key used for the “Normal” expression in the map.

That patch is not used for any of the HALion Playback templates: the Elements and SE templates use “GM41: Violin”, with a simple Expression Map “CC11 Expression Map”.

In short: I don’t know how you got that combination of patches and expression maps. But glad it’s fixed now.

Yes, you are right. The problem was the patch choice (or instrument choice).
I should have chosen all “Solo Combi” and not the others.
Normally, when I start with Dorico from scratch, I don’t have that problem, but being an imported XML file, things are different.
Thanks!

@Toto23
I’m glad it worked, but all I did was what @pianoleo explained to you in words, using Change Instrument in each of the string parts to change the “Violin” to a Violin and so on. It sounds kind of ridiculous, but I have had to do this for many imported files to reset Dorico’s pointers behind the scene.

1 Like

Yes, but you choose all “Solo Combi” and I didn’t do that. :disappointed:
That was the main problem.
Thans a lot!

No, changing the instrument in Setup mode does that automatically.

1 Like

That didn’t work for me.
EDIT: The only thig that Dorico did after I’ve changed the instrument in Setup Mode was change the channel of that instrument, but it didn’t apply any instrument at all.

I didn’t even look at the HALion Player. I worked only with Setup’s Change Instrument for each player. I let Dorico take care of the rest.

2 Likes

Are you sure you have done what Leo explains in his video? I mean, it’s the only thing to do (and reassign the playback template after that). This thread should be solved by then :sweat_smile:

Yes. Sure 100%

Except you’ve edited up the thread to say you also changed the channel, and we already knew at some point you’d got Dorico into a state where it gave no sound whatsoever.

I’m not quite sure how to make clear that the solution is exactly as I gave in my second reply:

Do exactly this, and nothing else. If you’ve already fiddled with the file, close it without saving and then reopen it. Then do this.

At least two of us have already done exactly this with your file and achieved the correct results.

1 Like

I appreciate your quick replies very much and I thank you a lot for that.
Would it make you happy if I published that your post was the solution? Am I seeing some kind of jealousy here? I have no problems. I can include the solutions of everyone who has helped me.

It makes no odds to me. I’m just not sure why we’re still going round in circles!

I don’t think you nailed it. Those posts might be read in five years by newcomers, and it’s useless to make them read further than where the real solution was given. My 2c as an outlander (I didn’t propose any solution)

I’m not.
All is well and the solution was already given, I’ve just answered some final thoughts.
I thank you specially and all the help given.
Cheers!

2 Likes