Yamaha MG10XU/ USB driver stops working after PC is suspended

I’m currently running a Yamaha MG10XU mixer with the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.10.1.

In general, everything works fine except when my computer goes to sleep or is restarted, the Yamaha mixer “looses connection” to the PC and I have to manually turn it on/off from the toggle switch in the rear. This reset makes everything working properly again but it’s a bit annoying having to constantly turn it on and off.

Just as an FYI current settings are set at 192khz/24 bits/2048 samples. I noticed that once I had the settings at 48kz/24bits/512 samples accidentally and this issue stopped for a while, though I’m not 100% sure it was due to that fact.

Any ideas on what I can try out?
Thanks!

It’s never a good idea to let your computer hibernate during active sessions because the risk of corruption is always there. I personally have hibernate/sleep turned off by default. Also most USB devices don’t like to be disconnected and will have issues to reestablish the connection without restarting either the computer or the device. But what you could try is to go to device manager and select all the USB hubs and deselect the option ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’. On the other hand, the pc might not hibernate anymore because of setting this? Some USB devices are sensitive to being powered on before or after the pc has started. This could also be influenced by the driver version but could also be something embedded in the design?

Same problem here… for the entire life of my MG10XU going back to driver version 1.9.5 (1.10.4 current.)
No system sound plays through after waking from sleep, and mics can’t record in newly opened applications. Youtube videos give me ‘Playback should begin shortly. If not, restart your device.’ Device? What device?
VLC plays, but no sound comes through.

The only difference with 1.10.4 is that I don’t get a yellow exclamation point for the MGXU in Device Manager; Everything looks good - it just doesn’t work until I either: 1. restart with the power switch, 2. ‘disable’ then ‘enable’ it in Device Manager, or 3. change sampling rate to something else then back again. Sometimes one option doesn’t work, requiring me to try the others.

• USB selective suspending is disabled.

I don’t understand why none of my other hardware has this issue, including a Shure X2U.
It’s like the driver is just frozen. A once-and-for-all fix is more than appreciated.

1 Like

+1 to this Phaeton. I still have this problem with my MG12XU in 2022 am desperate for a fix.