Yamaha Steinberg FireWire driver v1.7.2 for Mac OS X

Steinberg is pleased to release a new driver update for the MR816 CSX and MR816 X FireWire audio interfaces.

Version 1.7.2 of the Yamaha Steinberg FireWire driver for Mac OS X resolves an issue with a “Failed to initialize” message that appeared on Macs without FireWire ports, such as a MacBook Pro with Retina display.

The update is now available for download from the Steinberg website. For detailed information please view the version history on the download page.

The MR816csx has been a ROCKSOLID interface. I really appreciate Steinberg for their continued support of this fantastic product. So far it’s been my favorite audio interface I’ve owned. I’ve owned a FEW!

Hmmm…still often get message that FW driver didn’t load on Cubase startup (and the ports aren’t mapped).

Then, I restart computer and, sometimes, it loads.

Any insights?

Dear All,

Running the fire wire driver on my MacBook pro is a disaster. It will not load automatically. Sometimes it does, 9 out of 10 it does not. Running on my W7 ultimate system is not a problem, but I need it on my MacBook pro. Why is it not loading, why is not recognized by the OS 10.5.8 <Mountain Lion. It is very frustrating. It needs to work with the MR816csx, but no driver no response by cubase7.

System
MacBook pro 15 inch
Internal memory 8 gb
2.7 gHz processor i7
OS mountain lion 10.5.8

Tyros4
Motif xf6 (including fire wire card)
MR816csx

Windows7 ultimate, 64 bit, RAM 16 gb.

Willem