Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver Fails, Steinberg Doesn't Care

I use Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version 1.9.9 for my Yamaha MG12XU mixer, but it frequently becomes disabled when the driver is set to the mixer’s native 192 kHz sample rate.

This happens a lot on Windows 10 bootup, but the driver can also fail while using a media player. When it fails, online videos will not play in browsers, and media players play silently, stuttering at the wrong speed. No partucular user actions trigger this failure. I cannot force it to croak — it seems to happen for no apparent reason.

I can correct the issue by opening the driver’s control panel and resetting it to 44.1, then resetting it again to 192, but it’s horribly irritating having to do this several times a day. Can anything be done to fix this issue, or is it inherent in the way Steinberg has written the driver code?

I’ve been pleading for a solution since first posting earlier this year, and I’ve received no response from a Steinberg Trouble Ticket which says a lot. Steinberg, clearly does not care.

Proof that Steinberg doesn’t care: An automated email message from a noi-reply address claims it apptempted to contact me after filing a service request.

Not true.

Moreover, the email failed to provide any followup recouse other than following Steinberg on Twitter. This company is a pathetic joke.

Couple of things:

1. I think you’re probably better off writing Yamaha instead, but that’s just a guess.
  2. Why bother with setting it to 192KHz every time, nothing in your browser or probably your media player will play 192KHz content.