Yamaha VST Instruments

I know that numerous Motif sounds are now available with Cubase 6, which is nice/handy, albeit “lite” versions, but, I’d like to put forth the idea that Yamaha, with it’s considerable history/experience and resources, start making dedicated VST instruments.

The first on my wish list would be a top-of-the-line Motif style Grand Piano. I really love the clarity,tone and low end balls of that piano sound…I know, this would probably compete with Steinberg’s own “The Grand 3,” but, I see it as an alternate sound…not been a big fan of The Grand or it’s successors. The sustain portion has always rung a touch too false for me.

And, while I’m on the topic, why not start producing synths/workstations on PCIe cards ? Some of us don’t need the keyboard and other bulky hardware anymore, but, I for one, would love to be able to access high quality sounds instantly, with next to zero latency, rather than always having to load huge sample sets that may consume too many CPU cycles forcing higher buffer settings/longer latency in large projects.
These PCIe versions could come with a standard set with the options for daughter cards/chips with specialty sound sets ala the old JV1080 with it’s Expansion cards. :bulb:

In total agreement Steve…

I’m realizing that no matter how powerful our CPU’s get, Instrument and plug-in designers/developers will continue to push those limits ever higher. Hollywood Strings comes to mind…to load and play an ultra realistic full string orchestra pushes an i7 system to it’s limits…by itself.

The cycle continues…and never ends really. Anyone else tired of the continual computer upgrade cycle ?

CUDA technology would also be an awesome leap forward. Adobe Premiere Pro and Sony Vegas Pro both utilize CUDA technology exceptionally well. Very stable. Very powerful.

It might be an idea for Steinberg :exclamation: No other DAW manufacturer that I know of utilizes the power within GPU’s yet.

I think strides in this technological direction would really separate Steinberg from the pack.

Cuda is beneficial because the GPU is much better suited for matrix calculations than the CPU. In videowork, this is very relevant because a video is in fact a matrix of pixels, and as such using the GPU for this is useful. I don’t know an awful lot about this, but to me it seems audio related processes are not matrix calculations and as such wouldn’t benefit so much.
Feel free to prove me wrong though :slight_smile: