Years later....

Here’s a quick video clip showing the feature which I’m referring to. :slight_smile: Thank’s all for your input!

You’re right, a very useful feature.

+1

There are so many small workflow improvements that SB could make. For me these would be more useful than new plugins & pointless UI tweaks which accompany every update.

+1

How does StudioOne and Logic know what audio it need to save?

+1
Hello steinberg!

Another thing with Cubase’s Render In Place is that it takes so long. In Logic a Studio One it takes a fraction of a second to render, say, 8 bars. Cubase is often slower than realtime. Same when exporting audio.But that’s another story!

+1

That’s weird. :thinking:
Rendering in S1 is wayyy slower for me in S1 than Cubase. It’s one of the main reasons I can’t stand S1.

For me this isn’t much of a hassle. There are too many walkarounds which are very simple. Creating a new track after rendering is the perfectly sensible option, as you would probably not want all effects printed and overlaid with the old track, or accidentally overlaying and overriding information in a new destination either. Keeping things manageable and having a line of sight with the rendered track in a fresh position helps a lot. Bouncing this track to a new position is good, but to what ends? Drag it and drop into that position. You can perfectly lock that track into the new position with location markers and transport controls. If the reason you wanted to define a render/bounce location is the processing on that location, the walkarounds are many. Does it save you time? Fraction of seconds, depending on how many tracks you are predefining their locations. I guess they will be few and far between, in a particular session.

posted similar FR few months ago so,
+1 for render to selected track+drag midi to audio track

:star:Bump because it’s important! :star: