I am editing an 18th-century symphony where the two hornists play with D crooks for three of the four movements and G horns for the slow movement. I have created two players and assigned each a D and a G horn to play. Condensing works fine in the movements where they play in D, but in the slow movement, they will not condense no matter what I do. I have tried everything: changing the notation settings, creating manual condensing groups, deleting and re-adding the instruments. I have even created a new file with just the slow movement (i.e., without D horns at all) and pasted the whole movement into it. That one did condense, which tells me that the multi-instrument setup is to blame. I tried to just use this new file and paste in the other movements. Adding the D horns did not create an issue, but pasting in the musical content from the first movement did cause the slow movement G horns to un-condense again.
I am attaching a chopped-down version of the first movement and the full second movement in the hopes that this can be saved. Since the last stages of editing a big project like this includes lots of proofreading and little tweaks, a work-around with two different files is not an option I want to pursue. Thanks for your help!
A. Reicha Symphony (abbreviated).dorico (3.8 MB)