Yosemite Clearance

Got an iMac Retina i7 too.
I finally switched to Logic pro X. Its running stable and you even have Retina resolution.
Some features more and some are lacking but it’s nearly the same.
The price (as much as an Cubase update!) reflects not the functionality but only marketing strategies :wink:
It’s the same league…:wink:

I am beginning to migrate from my cubase projects to Logic and it works.
Every year comes an OS update, Mavericks is not more possible to install, so 3 or more months to update is very poor performance. If they at least could say the month…but until now it could be that you have to wait to summer 2015 for a yosemite update of cubase. Only wavelab has the compatibility for yosemite and all the others Steinberg products fail to run on the newest Mac :frowning:
I love Cubase but I will definitly not downgrade 2 OS versions to run it on my Mac…

2/2015:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/yosemite-information-update-3002.html

WOW! Feb 2015! (if then)

O well!
Back to makin’ music till then.
{‘-’}

God thats such a long way off!

Aloha G,

Just wondering,

I have read/heard reports that the Apple fusion drive while great
for most users, does not play well with DAW apps like Cubase.

Can you let us know if this issue has been solved?
Are you having no probs with the Fusion drive?

TIA (thanks in advance)
{‘-’}

Ive got a SDHD drive and so far no problems my end :slight_smile:

Soooooo true but IMHO better they take the time to get it right than just shove something out the door
that ends up making things worse.

I blame myself for wanting this upgrade because truth be known,
there is nothing (that I can see) in Yosemite that benefits Mac DAW users.

No improvements/enhancements in ‘Core Audio’ or ‘Core MIDI’.

And this has been true over the last 3-4 Mac OS upgrades.

So why do I want this? O yeah, It’s free!

My 2cents.
{‘-’}

Free is not always good lol True I also would like something thats going to be rock solid however its so frustrating as I have other apps which won’t run without the upgrade namely the new Rapidweaver 6 for building websites. Its got some great new features which I won’t be able to see till February! I wonder why 7.5 is taking so long to sort out where as other steinberg apps seems to be no problem. hmmmm

Ah! I see.
You use your ax for things other that Cubase. Kool!

However I don’t do that.

Other than my audio MIDI interfaces’ drivers/tools etc,
my ax has no other apps onboard and is all Cubase all the time.

So I can wait.

Good Luck!
{‘-’}

Haven’t got that luxury lol

I tested 7.5.3 and it worked rather well on Yosemite 10.10.1. Never experienced a crash until I started using Slate’s VMR which crashed Cubase & WaveLab 8.5.2 in 64bit VST2/VST3 versions of said plugin.

Again, Slate VMR is NOT working well as 64bit VST and has been reported.

Other than that no crashes using the current versions of WL & Cubase. This includes using the latest version of Waves, Sound Toys, Slate VTM/VBC/VCC and Fabfilter plugs.

EDIT: Have you tried getting ahold of a copy of Mavericks?

Great info to read!
Tanx for the report.
{‘-’}

Anytime, glad to help the community.

The only other thing that causes a kerfluffle in Yosemite is using Avid Drivers and having Pro Tools installed. Using other DAW’s give unpredictable results (working well then not and vice versa).

All results are based on a clean install of Yosemite.

Actually Im glad you brought that up as I have the M-Audio Fast track which has been taken over by Avid and they also have no signs of doing catch-up. I think they’ve only just sorted out the drivers for Mavericks OS

Yep. 4 months after the Yosemite public release. I don’t get it… it’s not like Apple revised Core Audio or anything…

At least the information that the update will come 2/2015 is fair for us customers.

Otherwise, it’s a poor performance! :frowning:

They should change some things in the development department for the next time.
Don’t forget: half a year after the update comes a new OS from Apple…

An bitten are not the people with a running system.
All the people that upgraded their hardware with a new Mac with Yosemite on have problems with such a long time.

There must be a failed design inside the software and they should resolve this for the quick release cycles from apple.

+1
Or Core MIDI
{‘-’}

Yep. 4 months after the Yosemite public release. I don’t get it… it’s not like Apple revised Core Audio or anything…

It’s not Core Audio (or MIDI) that’s the issue. It’s graphics and UI issues that 10.10 causes that need to be addressed in Cubase. If you’ve been running 7.5.30 in Yosemite, you would have noticed this by now. Audio and MIDI appear to be unaffected, while a number of graphic and UI issues are popping up. At least they are over here across three different Macs

Here’s my guess:
They are working on C8. It will most likely be released some time this month. Without a doubt, 10.10 is being taken into account on the C8 release build (to do otherwise would be nuts). When that’s released, they’ll most likely port whatever Yosemite fixes into C7.5 and release it as 7.5.40.

That’s what they did the last time (C6.5 to C7).

Good to hear from you again sir.
{‘-’}

The public release for Yosemite* was made available last JULY. So seven months to fix a GUI glitch? Really??

One word: “Hotfix.” Why should we have to wait for v8 to come out for a 7.5 fix? Before I spend any more on Steinberg products, they need to prove to me they are serious about issuing timely updates in regards to OS compatibility.

:confused:

* FYI, the public beta for Yosemite was largely considered by many in the mac community to be one of the most solid beta releases ever.