Your audio engine has died of dysentery

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.9 MB)
Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 12.23.37 AM
This seems to happen about 1/4 of the time I start Dorico, especially if I start it again within a minute or two of closing it, or reopening it after one of the other many crashes I seem to have.

May happen here as well, but only if I start it again within two–three seconds after having closed it. And not always…

Make sure that the VST Audio Engine process has quit before restarting Dorico.

1 Like

Like benwiggy already said, go to Activity Monitor and make sure that no VSTAudiEngine process is around anymore when you launch Dorico.

What happens with you is following:
Dorico itself crashes and goes away, but the VSTAudioEngine process continues to run. Then you try to Start Dorico again, but there is already an old VSTAudioEngine process around, but that one is in a stale state and Dorico can’t connect to it anymore and after a timeout notifies you that eh audio engine died. So actually it is not quite right what Dorico says. Nevertheless, the solution is to kill any VSTAudioEngine process that lingers on.

@dspreadbury , the diagnostics contain some IPS files from Dorico, please have a look. Thanks

1 Like

May happen here as well, but only if I start it again within two–three seconds after having closed it. And not always…

here too when I go too fast or when I want to open Dorico right after leaving it: nothing serious! For my part I made a file “kill_audioEngine.bat” that I put on the desktop with inside “TSKILL VSTAudioEngine3” which avoids me to open the task manager.just one click and it’s ok, I can re-open Dorico

1 Like