Your CPU rank - benchmark comparrison chart

Huh, my 2-and-a-half-year-old i7 950 just barely made it into the top half of the list. Still fast enough for what I need to do though. yay.

Ah well, my score is half of yours Steve :stuck_out_tongue:
But then again this is not my DAW pc, the laptop CPU is not listed so I can’t compare.

I can still play modern games on this machine without trouble so it’s all relative.

Thanks for posting this. My soon to come I7 3930k is 12th overall. Can’t wait to see what this actually means in the real world!

Here is a great benchmark recently posted by Scott of ADK
http://www.adkproaudio.com/benchmarks.cfm

This convinced me to spend the extra money to go with the I7 3930 as opposed to the I7 3770 (number 32 on Steves list))

Holy kwap! Is yours clocked at 4.5? :open_mouth:

Only gotten as far as ordering the parts. Hope all is assembled by this time next week. No plan to over clock yet

I wonder where my Atari 1024 STFM’s processor would have come on the benchmark? :laughing:

Great chart thanks for posting Steve

It would have come in ahead of my Commodore VIC 20 and Atari 520 ST

My Intel Core i5-3570K seems to have a respectable ranking (7145) and at only $220 its pretty good bang for buck I thought. :sunglasses:

Looking at the older cpu benchmarks , I see that my 2006 Dell with a 2.13 Core Duo gets a rating of 1,271. Mu new maschine with the i7 3930 6 core has a rating of 12.004 - 10 times greater. Can’t wait to see what this means in real world usage.

It represents my depression, mine is 5th from the bottom of the list :frowning: :open_mouth: … still makes music just fine though!

Perhaps when Cubase 7 rolls I’ll get a newer one! As long as I don’t have to go Windows 8, no hurry there!

Don’t worry Robin, mine isn’t even listed :stuck_out_tongue:

My 2600k clocks out at 4.5 with basic OC settings and is stable