youtube videos and sound stops working when opening dorico

is there anything I can do to fix this? I can’t watch tutorials on youtube on how to use dorico and have dorico open at the same time.
when ever I open dorico youtube seems to stop working and when I close the program they begin working again.

edit: I think it have something to do with the audio device setup but so far I can only chose between dorico sound not working and youtube videos working or youtube videos not working and dorico working. I don’t have this problem with other notation softwares like musescore.
The same problem is with cubase 8 but reaper doesn’t seem to have that problem would be really awesome to have it fixed so I can use these programs.

Please watch at this thread: Can’t get sound on playback, or other audio problem? Check out this video. - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

1 Like

thanks for the help it seem to work now with dorico is there any way to do the same with cubase 8?

Specifically from around 8’40: Troubleshooting Playback Issues in Dorico | Support - YouTube

would it be okay with a video with specifically aimed towards cubase 8? would mean a lot :slight_smile:

Well sure, but you’d want to ask that question in the Cubase forum, not the Dorico forum.

when you said sure did you mean you knew about one? or did you just want to say I should post it in the cubase forum?
Either way I did that sounds not working in cubase troubleshooting video request - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

No, I meant that you should post it in the Cubase forum. Different staff in a different country.

The solution for Cubase is similar. Select ‘Studio Setup’ from the Studio menu (I’m on Cubase 9.5 - the menu item may be slightly different in an earlier version), then select VST Audio System, select Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver, then press the Control Panel button and make the same change to check/uncheck the exclusive access box.

What happens if we can’t use the Generic Low Latency ASIO driver?

I found it kept crashing for me, and didn’t show my sound drivers unless I unchecked the top checkbox, but then it wouldn’t save any changes I made. It also made Dorico 2 crash a couple of time (do you guys have minidump reporting?)

You can try the ASIO4all driver. You can download it for free at www.asio4all.com
If you have crashdumps you can send them to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’.