Zoom In-Out in Play Mode

Hi guys, does anybody know how to Zoom In-Out when you are in Play Mode?
I’ve seen several tutorials and it seems that you can magnify the Midi (like in Cubase) in order to make it easier to edit.
Thanks

Quoting myself… :slight_smile: hope it’s still true (not by D. Atm): Play lanes/keyboard are scaleable but you sometimes have to hover very pricisely along the left edge to get the cursor to show (and make it possible to adjust the lane height) EDIT: click-drag (vertically!) in the ruler (blackish area at the top) to scale horizontally (cf Paul’s post below) - shift-leftclick/drag to scale the keyboard vertically…

There are a few ways:

• The standard zoom in/out shortcuts (Z/X on an English keyboard)
  • Ctrl-+ and Ctrl–
  • View/Zoom menu item
  • Click on the ruler and drag up/down to zoom out/in
  • Click on the keyboard to the left, hold down shift and drag up/down to zoom in and out vertically

Hi Paul…Thanks… I did it horizontally but I didn’t understand how to do it vertically. When you said “the ruler” …what do you mean?
Thanks again

Thank you for your time fratveno

My Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 doesn’t show up in the VST instruments menu in Play Mode…do I have to upgrade it to GPO 5? Neither UVI, …why is that? Does anybody know what is going on?
Thanks in advance for your time and help
Mike

My Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 doesn’t show up in the VST instruments menu in Play Mode…do I have to upgrade it to GPO 5? Neither UVI, …why is that? Does anybody know what is going on?
Thanks in advance for your time and help
Mike

Mike, see the section on VSTs midway down the FAQs thread here: Frequently asked questions: try this thread first - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

I don’t know if we call it the ruler more generally, but we do inside the team. I mean the strip at the top of the view with the bar & beat markings.

Thank you pianoleo

Hi Paul, ok…so, I click on the “ruler” …hold down “shift”…and drag up and down? No…it doesn’t work
What am I missing here?
Thanks

Ah no, on the ruler you drag up and down to zoom horizontally, without shift. On the keyboard to the left you have to hold down shift (as just dragging without shift will scroll rather than zoom)

Got it!
Thanks again
Mike