Zoom issues with Cubase 13

hello.
my biggest problem with Cubase 13, are zoom inconveniences which were never there with Cubase 12.
say I wanna zoom on a specific point in my project, it takes about two seconds from the time when I click the mouse, untill the time it locks in on that point.
this makes Cubase 13 unworkable. is there a solution in the preferences for that?
I don’t know why anyone would think this would be more comfortable than how it was in early versions.

also, whenever I would zoom in in Cubase 12, with the H button, or zoom out with the G button, it would zoom at exactly the same point the cursor was, even if the point I’m trying to zoom in is not visible. but now, if it’s not visible, it will zoom around the middle of the screen from the point you can see the project, not on the point the cursor actually is.

I see a few other people posted about zoom issues with Cubase 13 as well.
hope Steinberg will fix those things in one of the next updates.

1 Like

Hi,

Please, double-check this preference:
Preferences > Editing > Zoom > Use Selection Start as Zoom Anchor

1 Like

@Martin.Jirsak
hey, thank you.
it didn’t solve it… nothing changed regarding the second problem…
still when I zoom while the cursor is out of sight, it zooms in on what you see, and not on where the cursor is(like how it was in Cubase 12)…
I did find the quick zoom which solved my first problem…

also… a new “problem” appeared, once I checked the quick zoom option, when I zoom on the bars while trying to focus on a waveform, the waveform dissapears and I see only a gray area where the waveform is while still holding the mouse click. when I click off the waveform returns, but it bothers me that it changes while still holding the click…

1 Like

Hi,

I’m afraid, there is no option to set the Cursor as the anchor, if the Cursor is out of the visible area.

On my side, it works as expected. Could you please make a video screen recording?

@Martin.Jirsak

also, I didn’t mention I found problems with Cubase 13’s quick zoom too. well, it doesn’t work in some cases. I will try to zoom one time and it would take a second or two to zoom(not instant as quick zoom), and then if I would zoom again then the zoom would be quick, like seen in the video…

Hi,

If you want to see the waveform while Zooming, go to the Preferences > Editing > Zoom and disable the Quick Zoom option, please.

1 Like

thanks. this solved the wavform problem, though I wish I could have quick zoom while still being able to see the wavform(by the way the quick zoom doesn’t work even when it’s enabled)

Hi, I have the same very impractical problem: the response delay is extremely slow! To figure it out, would it be necessary to know whether the behavior when zooming is intentional or not?

1 Like

true.

this wasn’t solved btw…
I can’t zoom while playing to the point where the cursor is(like in Cubase 12) and I can’t quick zoom because of the waveform problem, and even if I could, the quick zoom doesn’t even work in Cubase 13!
should I just use Cubase 12?..
the only reason I’m using 13 is because of the vocal chain

Hi,

Do the G and H Key Commands work for you, please?

hey, they do

1 Like

Hi Martin,
yes, they do as expected

am i the only one who is seeing the wavforms going super blury while zooming? its cleans up when you stop, but during the zoom it looks terrible.

+1 delayed/inconsistent zoom when dragging and shaky/blurry waveform as [davidhine99] describes

Are you on 4k Display? I think that scale in Cubase works really bad… I was on 4k - 27. And the scale was bad for me. And wave forms was blurry… now I am on 2k without scaling. Works good for me

i did think it could be display related (i just upgraded from v8.5 which had no issues) i am running 2x27" 2k’s and 1x 32" 4k. they also run at different refresh rates, so it could be related. super un-keen to throw out a screen, or start meddling with it, hopefully they just fix it, and all the other bugs, in the next service release