Zoom r8 feedback/noise, Cubase 6 issues, Mac OS problem?

Hey, I’m not sure if this is the right place for me to be posting this but I 'm having some serious problems with my Zoom R8. I use Cubase 6 and have had no issues with either the software or my recorder until recently. The only thing thats changed in my setup is that I updated my Mac’s operating system, it’s now running on OS X El Capitan version 10.11.5. Unfortunately I can’t remember what OS I was running on before or what version. Okay now for the problem. So I’ll set up my recorder the same way I always have, (Usb,UAc2.0, Execute, Device Setup, Select Zoom R8, Make sure VST Connections are all in place…) only now nothing will record and when playing back previously recorded tracks all that plays is massive distortion/noise/feedback. I’ve tested to see if there is an issue with my guitar, cable, microphone and headphones but they are all working fine. I’ve even tested my Zoom R8 in Garageband (which I don’t want to use) and it records and plays back perfectly in there. So the issue must lie with Cubase and the new operating system update. Can anyone help me as this is driving me crazy and I have a lot of unfinished projects which I now can’t do anything to which is very distressing and annoying. I’m convinced the problem is something to do with compatibility with the new OS but I know little about how these things work. Also I’m a student so buying a new recorder, software or computer/mac isn’t in the question. Please can somebody out there help me?

Hi,

Cubase 6 is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.11. There is an known issue with the Class Compliant Drivers (probably Zoom is one of them) with the Sample Rate higher then 48kHz. Upgrade to Cubase 8 or higher is recommended when you want to use Mac OS X 10.11.

But this sounds… Try to increase the Buffer Size.