Zoom R8 recognized by Cubasis 3 but no audio captured

Hi,

My Zoom R8 is recognized by Cubasis* (I see this in the audio section of the media bay) but more often than not fails to record any audio.

Is it time for a new interface? GarageBand has no problem taking audio

Thanks!

*Cubasis doesn’t always recognize the Zoom, at least right away/without having to turn it off or reset the app.

Hi Stakejanton,

Thank you for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

My Zoom R8 is recognized by Cubasis* (I see this in the audio section of the media bay) but more often than not fails to record any audio.

We are sorry to read that you seem to have issues to use your Zoom audio interface with Cubasis.

Cubasis fully supports the use of class compliant devices, which normally works via simple drag & drop.

I’d suggest to get in touch with our friends at Zoom, to ask them if the device provides class compliant compatibility and can be used with mobile apps such as Cubasis.

If required, we’re at hand to have them equipped with Cubasis promo codes for testing purposes (just drop me a private message with the contacts, in this case).

Alongside, it might be of help to check out our available Getting started with Cubasis tutorial, which guides you through the main steps how to use the app to produce a full song.

Dom demonstrates various topics in the clip, including audio routing and much more.

Please let me know how you proceed!

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars