Zoom to cursor when nothing selected

Hi,
I have not found any option to zoom to cursor when nothing is selected… Does anybody think it would be a good idea to have this option (or even as default behaviour)?
Thanks!

There’s no such option currently, correct.

And that’s an excellent idea. Zoom and navigation functionality has been much discussed, so I’m hopeful improvements are forthcoming. This would be a great addition.

Thanks Dan! Let’s wait for improvements, then.

There are other programs I’ve used where a canvas zooms in on a cursor and I’ve always loved it. Odds are I want to zoom in to click on something where the mouse is, so I’d love it if they added this in V3.

We don’t have plans to add this feature in the near future. We fixed the remaining problems with zoom moving in an unreliable fashion during the 2.x cycle (note: I said zoom, not navigation) and we believe that zoom, at least, is in good shape for the time being.

I don’t understand this request. Zoom to cursor when nothing is selected ? Surely there is no cursor if nothing is selected. Or do you mean zoom in to some level to wherever the mouse pointer is?
With scroll and zoom functions on most modern input devices, is there a need for that?

Yes, they mean to zoom to the position of the mouse cursor. This would probably be more useful on Windows than on macOS, because multi-touch trackpads and fluid scrolling/zooming are still the exception rather than the norm on Windows.

It would still benefit many of us. Due to carpal tunnel pain, I use a Kensington roller ball mouse, (I’ve also used vertical mice for both hands) so I unfortunately do not have the pinch to zoom options readily accessible at work. I certainly respect the team’s decision, however it would be much more convenient for someone like me to move the mouse where I want it and then zoom in to that spot, rather than just zooming to center requiring me to make multiple vertical and horizontal adjustments manually as the perspective changes.

EDIT: I do realize that this is mostly circumvented by clicking on an object and Dorico will center on that. This is indeed helpful behavior, although I find that often, when zoomed out, I get stems, rather than noteheads, and they do not behave the same. (Similarly, they behave differently than noteheads when trying to make into system in engrave mode.)

+1