Zooming in the timeline doesnt work when a marker is present

Sometimes when I’m trying to zoom in on a midi part (using the click in the time line and drag up or down technique) doesn’t work if a clip boundary marker is in the way. It would be better if the marker could be placed outside the boundary of the clip being edited.

I am having difficulties understanding what you mean.
Could you please try to explain in more detail and maybe even send a screenshot?

Sometimes when I’m trying to zoom in on a midi part (using the click in the time line and drag up or down technique) doesn’t work if a clip boundary marker is in the way.

Please see if the keycommand “Shift+F” (Zoom Full) can help you.
Use it like this:

• Select Midi Part
  • Execute Zoom Full

Hi Jan- See gif
MdiPartBoumdary.gif

Yes its not optimal.
Please try moving the mouse a tiny bit down and then holding Control and moving the mouse wheel.
This will allow Zoom directly in the editor below the timeline and the blocking boundary labels.

Yes, it’s possible to do this, but the result is different- the axis of the zoom isn’t anchored where the mouse is being pressed.

The habit I have that avoids this problem is to click off to the side of the part boundary flag, then move horizontally to the point I want to zoom from, then pull downward to zoom.

What would be nice is

• a modifier key that changes the behavior so the boundary flag isn’t selected, or,
  • that the already existing alt+shift zoom modifier ‘sees through’ the boundary flag as if it weren’t there.

Thanks Steve - this is exactly it… if the markers were the other side of the clip boundary it would be cool.

Wouldn’t they then be in the way of you are editing multiple adjacent parts? You can also hide them completely by turning off ‘Show Part Borders’