zplane error, please help!

I’m getting the same error - driving me nuts as I’m trying to export audio mixdowns for mixing/mastering and am completely stuffed because Cubase crashes.
I can export a complete mixdown, but if I solo ANY track - audio OR midi (well - the audio output of a midi instrument) then I get ‘a serious error has occurred’ and nothing else happens.

===================================================================
Cubase6.exe Version 6.0.4 Build 346 - 13.10.2011 0:05

Timestamp is 4e4aa6be (Tue Aug 16 18:19:58 2011)
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Cubase6.exe

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address: F11A4E32 01:00003E32 C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\zplanelibs.dllBytes at CS:EIP:
4c 8b 18 49 8b d4 48 8b c8 41 ff 13 45 8b c6 49
8b cc 66 0f 6e 6c 24 24 f3 0f 10 0d ee 55 07 00

Sorry, perhaps I should say:
PC is Win 7 - 64
16 GB
i7-2600

i’ve just updated my cubase v6 with version 6.0.4.346 and its not possible to open cubase anymore, when i click on the shortcut, i get this error message:

Cubase6.exe - ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND: The procedure entry point CElastiqueProDirectIf_Dll_GetBuildDate could not be located in the dynamic link library zplane.dll.

please let me know asap!

thanks

I’m using 6.05 and still have a lot of crashes because of this zplanelibs.dll

It’s so frustrating but I don’t know what I can do.

Really hope somebody helps here.

in my case, techical service told me it could be a XP incompatibility!
Cubase6 is made for Windows 7

I did say. But they might still give courtesy “support” for XP. Others experiencing this on W7 should really get in touch with support.
Just googled and all leads come back to Steinberg forums. Definitely a support job.

Hi, i came across these posts after having the zplane error a few times in the last few months.
I am running Cubase 6.0.2 on windows XP 32 and 7 64 (dual boot system). I didn’t see any difference between the two OSs when a project crashed because of zplane. It happens in both OSs. So imo don’t bother changing OS, this isn’t the solution (although XP is old nowadays).

The solution for me came after reading that “the zplane dll has to do with the elastic audio timestretch.” I noticed that Cubase was crashing during “playback” and “export” at the point of the project where a few elastic loops where heavily chopped and repeated (like taking the snare from a loop and making a long drum roll). So using the “bounce selection” i bounced these parts of the song and replaced them. Problem solved. The project plays back normally again and the exports don’t crash anymore.

So if u r looking for a way to keep making music when this happens just replace the heavily processed elastic parts with new bounced ones. I am now convinced that it has to do with the elastic audio function.

Hope this helps, it worked for me at least

I keep an eye on Reaper updates via KVR (purely out of curiosity) and I noticed that recently they corrected a bug to do with short samples which use elastique stretching, so perhaps there is an issue here in Cubase too with short chop-ups?

I personally bounce most if not all of my realtime pitching or stretching when I’m happy it’s ‘complete’. I’ll dup the track, bounce the parts and disable to original track. I have over the years found that this makes the app more reliable and more responsive, and certainly better for the mixing stage.

Mike.

I am getting this error a lot. I have tried bouncing audio using timestreching, unticking all ‘music’ mode parts, i have changed the default algorithim in pool window to standard butcontinue to get ‘zplane…’ errors

in fact i am getting this error as well as crashes that say…

‘abnormal program termination’ or ‘requested runtime to terminate in an unusual way’

Happens every 5 mins.

I am using windows 7 ultimate and Cubase 6.5.4. Please someone help!!

Do you have any other zplane plugins installed? It may be a DLL version conflict…

http://www.zplane.de/products/

Sadly i don’t. Had another epiphany and will bounce couple of audio parts that are transposed.

Also located the actual zplanelibs.dll

Any suggestions as to disabling or moving this file?

I got the same thing when dragging imported samples from the pool to the projectwindow. The samples was in 16 bit (project in 24 bit) and musical mode was checked in pool. I had the option to load same samples in 24 bit so I did and unchecked the musical mode. Problem solved.

So I guess zplane error (or atleast mine) is a sample mismatch problem combined with strech function (maybe combined with heavy ram load).