For my VSTLive setup I need 2 MIDI outputs defined in “Connections”.
I need a MIDI Clock Output set in “Preferences”.
It workes fine so far.
After quit VSTLive and restart the MIDI routing has changed!
“Connections” creates a new, unwanted MIDI Output.
In “Preferences” the routing of MIDI Clock Output das changed to the new, self created output!
The software should NOT do things like changing routings or anything else in the background without asking or informing the user!
VSTLive is a product which is created for using on stage.
It is very important, that the software recovers in total to the last used setup after a quit and restart or a reboot of the computer (in case of power loss, etc.)
- Automatic loading of the last project after start of VSTLive
- Selecting the last played song, rewind it to the beginning without starting
- Recover ALL routings
- No dialogs to click for the user if all went well
Suggestion for one of the next versions:
- Optional Autoload of the last project.
- Routing setups should not be spreaded to different dialogs (Preferences, Connections).
- A dedicated area in the main dialog window which shows ALL actual routings without clicking into menues.