I Installed 10.0.50 last night in between working on a project that is using maybe 40% overall CPU. After updating I fired up 10.0.50 and it would barely play - glitching out and halting audio with the CPU hitting the roof.
I have 9.5.5 on my system. I loaded the project into that and all was well.
I uninstalled 10.0.50 and went back to 10.0.40. … All immediately was rectified and the project played perfectly.
I decided to try a reinstall of 10.0.50… exactly the same. CPU hitting the roof with Audio gapping and dropouts. Buffer is set to 1024 by the way on my RME HDSP. Thats not part of the issue.
I Uninstalled 10.0.50 again just now. Back to 10.0.40 and all is fine again.
I’m on the very latest Windows 10 update and the very latest eLicencer update (after 10.0.50 installed an old one one me again).
Very strange. Back to 10.0.40 I suppose