10.5.12 Crashes Every Time I Quit

We’ve been having this issue since the release of Cubase 10.5.10.

We discovered that the crash on quit is directly related to ReWire being active. We also get the same crash if we try to disable Rewire. As we regularly pair Cubase with Ableton Live, this puts a dent into our workflow. Crashing on quit means that Cubase loses any preference or I/O changes that were made, and the fact that we can’t disable ReWire introduces a whole line of issues.

Hoping that the next update will fix this! :smiley:

Not using rewire

Same problem here, and VEP, coupled, crashes as well. Computer info on sig.

Hi,

VEP seems to be crashing on the VEP side quite often, right now.

Hi rockdude9k,

I have checked the *.crash dump again. I can find you are using Wave 9.6.0, which is not compatible with Cubase 10.5, as you can see on the Waves website here.

I had an old version of waves as well. I updated to V11, created a blank session and quit but the same resulted in a crash.
Cubase 10.5_2020.crash (127 KB)

Just to add - I’m having the same problem. Very annoying!

So, I have two versions of Reason installed on my computer, 10 and Reason Suite 11. Today I decided to uninstall Reason 10 to see if that would help stop my Cubase crash. I wanted to make sure I uninstalled everything related to Reason 10 so I googled the commands to use in terminal. After removing Reason 10 and a bunch of stuff related to rewire (with the terminal commands) I launched Reason Suite 11 everything worked fine with it, however, when launching Cubase it crashed. The crash report had a bunch of lines relating to rewire so i figured I would need to reinstall Reason again. Instead I just reinstalled the 10.5.12 update and ALL is well again. No more crash on quit. Here is the crash log I got after removing Reason 10 and the rewire stuff that left when it did.
Cubase rewire crash log.crash (94.1 KB)

Hi,

I’m glad it doesn’t crash anymore.

Yes, the 2nd crash is in ReWire area. Please, make sure ReWire component is not installed in this location:
/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/*/ReWire.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ReWire

Same here with the latest and last cubase pro 10 update on Mojave and Catalina.

Hi,

Make sure, there is no ReWire v1.8.2 installed in your system, please. This outdated version is installed by Ableton Live software.

You can also attach the *.crash file to have look into it.