10.5.20 update Problems with my plugins

Hi, i updated from 10.5 to 10.5.20 today and i found amny of my vst instruments and vst fx are blacklisted, and when i try to reactivate any of them cubase chrashed and shuts down. All of this plugins where working perfectly in 10.5, so for timebeing what i did is immediately go to mac backup and restored 10.5 and i can keep working fortunately… Any help?

Hi and welcome,

Make sure your plug-ins are up to date, please.

thanks for your answer, however i don’t understand what you mean. up to date? all the plugins i miss in 10.5.20 where working perfectly in 10.5, what has changed in Cubase for none of them to work? my plug ins have not changed or have any updated version. And why does Cubase crash when i try to reactivate them, without any explanation?

Hi,

We might find an explanation if you would share the crash/dmp file.

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

I have the same problem. Waves BSS DPR 402 and Drumagog cause my Cubase to shut itself down.
My plugins are all up to date. My whole system is only 2 weeks old.
My usage both cpu and disk is pretty much nothing.
I would send the Crash Report, but I have it as a txt file, and it doesnt seem to let me upload that format. (Too big to cut and paste…yeah Im a noob)

Hi and welcome,

I would need the source crash/dmp file to be able to resolve it. Share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Hi Martin,
Here is the link to my crash report.
Thanks for checking into it!

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, I can confirm, this crash is completely in com.wavemachinelabs.drumagog.

Hi Martin, we know which plugins are crashing, but what we want to know is why? becasue this didn’t happen in previous 10.5 update

Hi,

I cannot resolve the 3rd party plug-ins developers code in the crash log. You have to ask the plug-in developer, where exactly does it crash. The crash is after their processes.

Hi Martin,
This happens with drumagog and with a few Waves plugins in my case. I take out those plugins, and it is fine. If it was just Waves, I would think it would be their issue, but with it being multiple companies, seems like something is wrong with the way Cubase is handling the plugins. (Obviously just my opinion. You are far more the expert than I!) Hope this helps!

Hi, in my case it’s the same, problem is with multiple plugins, and it doesn’t make any sense that if all this plugins worked perfectly in the previous cubase update few momths ago and not in this last one, you put the problem in the plugins¿? it’s obviously Cubase behaving different with this plug ins. There must have been something in this last update related to plugins that may cause some trouble, not the other way round

Santi, looking at the top posts of the Issues part of the forum, it definitely looks like this version is not playing kindly with lots of things.

absultely, i have managed to restore 10.5, and i will not move from here. 10.5.2 seems to have too many bugs

It’s obvious that Steinberg thinks too highly of its own VST code, that all other developers have to adhere to it, or get blacklisted.