10.5.5 Mac hot fix for Mojave but not Catalina?

Dear Steinberg,

Your announcement of the hot fix stays Mojave, but your download page says macOs 10.14 - 10.15

Should we apply this to Catalina as well?

Regards,

Steve.

I’d like to know this as well.

Do you have the problem it tries to solve? Im quite sure that it wont harm to do the update.

The problem it tries to solve is very loosely defined - essentially that the performance is not as good as it should be. I tend to agree with you (for no scientific reason) that the update probably won’t do any harm. But that’s not the point of my post: I think Steinberg have been unnecessarily sloppy with their introduction of the hot fix. They need to be clearer about whether this is Mojave or whether it is for Mojave AND Catalina.

I’m really not trying to be argumentative, I’m pointing out that Steinberg could be much clearer about their own software fix. FWIW, I have installed it on a Catalina machine. I haver no idea whether it’s done anything - my machine doesn’t seem any quicker.

Steve

I found this in the thread announcing the update:

For Mac users running Mojave: we’ve had to issue a hot fix to resolve a performance issue that you may or may not have encountered since installing Cubase 10.5. This update is for the entire Cubase range of version 10.5 and is available for macOS Mojave only. We ask you to download and install this update as soon as possible to ensure the level of performance expected from your copy of Cubase.

Yes, but when you go to the download page it clearly states ‘macOs 10.14 - 10.15’

I would take the explicit words I quoted over the download page, where it could well be quoting the compatibility of Cubase 10.5 as a whole.