10.5, Mojave required...

It has been very tricky to see that. But c10.5 supports ONLY mojave at the moment.

Here it is. Today they added catalina support, strange. See at bottom of this screenshot.
When you click buy Cubase then this page appears. In system requirements link it didn’t mention.

Please give us a reason that steinberg had decided to not support high Sierra customers and not mentioned in system requirements of Cubase 10.5 page.

While knowing catalina is not supported by many developers yet. By the time they start supporting, Apple will launch another OS.so at the moment only mojave. Even mojave many can’t update due to nvidia and other matters.

Well, I have it installed on High Sierra, it runs, but it doesn’t seem very stable…
Don’t think I ever had Cubase crash to desktop ever, but this combination of 10.5 & High Sierra isn’t gonna work for me…
Good thing I can still update to Mojave!! (Doing that right now.)

Per above Philipe Garcia post:

“Cubase 10.5 requires macOS Mojave 10.14 or higher to work properly. It will install on macOS 10.12/10.13 though, but the problems that might arise will be most likely graphics-related and no support will be provided under that combination.”

Please see my above question…and provide an answer.

Read post no. 4 in this thread.

I have replied with a screenshot please check. Steinberg didn’t mention clearly on the Cubase 10.5 product page, but when you click buy, you can see the system requirements at bottom in that page. Please check the screenshot from below post.

Thanks, both of you made my point…
NO advance notice… Please correct me if I’m wrong…

You’re right, I’m afraid, and I’m as cross as you.

Agreed, no warning or highlight on this.

Thanks, to Marshall & anilnc, for corroborating…
Windows users were notified WAY in advance, and i cannot help but feel betrayed due to the fact that OSX users were not extended the same courtesy…
I personally, find this inexcusable!

Last post on this matter…

How did the Mojave installation go? Any performance issues?

Hello,

Like everybody, I was using Cubase 10.0.60 under OSX High Sierra like a charm.
Since the update of Cubase in 10.5.20, it’s a nighmare, a crash plug-in festival.

When I read you, it seems that the Mojave Update is the solution.
But when I read other threads, I see the Mojave have a performance issue, and Catalina, an eLicenser Control error.

So what is the solution ?
Burn the 10.5.20 version ?
:frowning:

I think you answered your own question :slight_smile::

I was using Cubase 10.0.60 under OSX High Sierra like a charm.

I think try to upgrade to Mojave if your system is compatible. I guess it works fine. I’m mostly using in Windows 10 nowadays.

There is another problem which leaves you stuck in the middle. I have a MacBook Pro8, 3 machine late 2011. Runs Cubase 10.15, Cubase 9.0 and 8.0 beautifully. Bought Cubase 10.5 Pro and want to use with Mojave. You can run Mojave on this machine, but there are Video Acceleration problems and you have to install a patch to disable the AGP Video adapter. It is not a complete fix, so there is screen lag on Mojave when you have at least 2 windows open in Cubase 10.15. I would like to downgrade the MAC to High Sierra because my MAC supports it natively, but then will not be able to run Cubase 10.5 Pro as I have a lot of Waves Plugins. One other solution is to run High Sierra and use Cubase Pro 9 as the Steinberg Dongle license for Cubase 10 is backwards compatible. Cubase 9.040 is rock solid stable.