10.5 Win, setup not detecting Bluetooth headphones

Hi,

I’ve been using Cubase since 1.0 on Atari and now I’m on a train journey with 10.5 on a Windows 10 laptop. I have paired bluetooth headphones in Windows and these cans work well with all software except Cubase 10.5.

In Cubase I have chosen “Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver” at “studio/studio setup…/VST Audio System/”, but in “studio/studio setup…/Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver/” only the built-in speaker driver is listed. Is this what to expect from 10.5 or is a Windows issue… or a user error? In case of User Error, I would appreciate some advice. :slight_smile:

I’ve experienced the same difficulties with a bluetooth speaker.
The generic Low latency ASIO driver provided by Steinberg does not seem to recognize bluetooth devices.

I’ve tried with ASIO4all. My bluetooth speaker is listed, and I have to switch to 44100 to get the sound working properly (crash of Dorico with 48000)

The main problem with ASIO4ALL is that you can’t use a sound device with more than one application at the same time.
I’ve found a very interesting analyse of this problem on this blog : Low latency audio on a Windows PC with the built-in soundcard

I’ve installed FlexAsio 1.5 to solve this problem and all works very well this all my music applications including Dorico.
I can switch my sound devices with the Windows sound mixer.

Florent

1 Like