11.0.40 update no sound problem

Hi,

I am using Cubase 11.0.40 Windows version. I think that my problem started after the 11.0.4 update but this could be a coincidence and the problem could be related to a windows update or something else.

I used to be able to drag VST instruments onto a track and they would work instantly but now around half of my VST instruments do not produce any sound after being dragged onto a track. The only way I can get them working is to reselect the instrument in the Inspector panel. I cant see any correlation between which instruments this occurs with and which it doesn’t for example Omnisphere & UVI Falcon require reselecting whereas Kontakt & Spitfire Audio Instruments seem to work first time. I have Roland Cloud and around half the Instruments work first time and half require reselecting in the Inspector.

It could be that something has changed in 11.0.4 that I am not aware of that needs changing in the settings. I am finding it quite annoying that this is happening although the workaround of selecting the instrument in Inspector means it is not critical.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Once you drag and drop the VST instrument to the track list, is the track selected after? Is the Record button enabled on the track?

Record button on track enabled

Bump on this!
Falcon is causing problem (no Sound).
Omnisphere works fine!
Cubase latest version on MacOS Monterey here.

bump!