12 Videos: Cubase Quick Tips

Nice! Great job; nice and short, and useful videos. Learned some things already. Subscribed. Some of the things might only be available in Pro/Artist (i.e. constrain delay compensation) so whenever you can it might be worth mentioning that for us folks not able yet to afford the higher-level products.

Another tip that it might be worth mentioning (something I just learned) was how to set MIDI recording mode to Merge instead of the default mode, which creates new overlapping “parts” that you can’t easily merge by a right-click function.

Something I haven’t found out yet how to do, is to rename MIDI parts that inherited the name of the track. Maybe I change the instrument and thus change the track name, but the MIDI parts still show the name of the old track name. (EDIT: Just found out how to do this in another tutorial video. When renaming the track Shift+Return renames the MIDI parts as well.)

I started my channel about a month ago and now with 300 subscribers, I want to know what you guys would like to see.
My first series was “Cubase Quick Tips”

I want to create more video series and I would like to know what you would like to see.

One of my idea was to take one song every week/day (depends of the workload involved) and do a full “Help my track” kind of video. I would help with the composition, arrangement, cubase, mixing, mastering, etc.

Please let me know if there is a certain Youtube format you would like, I am here to listen!

Thanks for your vids. They are very helpful and the conbination: quick and a clear description of the tutorial is effective.
Please consider to enlarge/emphasize your cursor, as you use it frequently as a pointer.
Pls. continue your appreciated work, grtz.

As a Cubase user since SX3 its a little embarrassing that I didn’t know so many of these tips. Regardless, thankyou very much for doing this. Your tips are super helpful to me.

As for what I would like to see… I make use of expression maps when using orchestral instruments. Sometimes I have to create my own expression maps and that is tedious work. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Thank you very much for your YouTube channel. great job !!!

Hi Tenkas,
Subscribed! Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the videos!

I’m halfway through and the musical vs linear time base distinctions, and the modifiers for the different left-click with alt/shift/ctrl were eye opening.
I was clicking in the time ruler painfully sll this time to move the cursor! Now I know it is Alt+shift click, or some such thing.

Nice they are short because I will become aware of many features and be able to go back and dig deeper when I have a fresh brain.

Really great videos. Recommended especially to the beginners.

Lot’s of good info that I had forgotten or never new. Short and sweet too.

I liked the workspaces one but Too bad that workspaces retain zoom and song position. I have pleaded for them to change this (at least let us choose) and never got anywhere

Awesome… thank you Sir!

Wow, These are fantastic, Thankyou!

Excellent!

Great help. Thank you so much!!

These are great. Thanks.

For -me-, I would appreciate any help with inserting and copying sections of music reliably–particularly with lots of automation or pickup notes.

All help appreciated !

@tenkas,

Great job.
I’ve watched some of your YouTube channel and already subscribed, great tips.
I have a question about your video 038 (Colorize tracks and mixconsole channels),
I don’t have the option "Colorize Tracks & MixConsole Channels" in Preferences on my Cubase Pro 10.0.60 as you show in your video.
What Cubase version do you use in this video?

Thanks

Good Work, Useful info, and a great video manual for quick lookup, subscribed!

Exellent! Thank you!

Very good stuff. As already others said, the “few minutes only” approach saves a lot of time compared to waiting for the “hot topic” while watching 10-20min videos.

LG, JuSch