13.0.40 Update losing Controlroom settings

I also use SonarWorks Reference 4, but I doubt that is the cause.

Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

When your Control Room completely resets, have there been any occasions when first opening C13 where you get the Safe Mode prompt?

Iā€™m on 13.0.30 - and I am constantly loosing my control room presets. At lease once a week they are just gone and I have to recreate them using backup. Really annoying. I cannot connect this issue with anything particularly what I do. It is just happening randomly.

I had the same problem untill C13, since then it just was fine every time.
Great because I work with 2 interfaces which each have their own settings.

Are you losing the connections or the presets?

Only control room presets. Nothing else.

Iā€™m also having this issue. Iā€™m on W11. For some reason, my backups arenā€™t working eitherā€”I have to rebuild my metering chain manually every morning now.

Hi,

Are you willing to share your backup files, please? I expect you mean the preferencesā€¦ I would like to try with it.

Sure.

Does this work?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c1z6sv7e5vyhkmak2byaz/ControlRoomPresets.pxml?rlkey=rsa930bkymxzlqjy96kcl7une&st=qviqn0ai&dl=0

Iā€™ve been able to make my backups work, but this is getting incredibly annoying. I have to replace preset pxml every. damn. morning. when I get to work. Has anyone found a work around?

What virus protection you are using? Do you use some backup, ie. cloud or local?

I have the same problem. The control room presets (audio connections) keep getting lost. I have a backup of ControlRoomPresets.pxml (3691 kbyte) that contains 4 presets. When I move this back into the \Cubase 13_64\Presets folder it is not being read (i.e., in audio connections I only see the default preset).

When I close the project, then the ControlRoomPresets.pxml (3691 kbyte) file is still there.

When I subsequently Quit cubase from the Hub then this file gets automatically overwritten (replaced?) by a new file (37kB) which seems to be the factory default.

This really really really really should be solved because it takes me an hour to fully reconfigure my control room again from scratch.

Steinberg: is this a known issue?

1 Like

It happens to me when cubase crashes for any reason. After restarting my CR settings are factory so I have to replace them again with my backupfile. I replace three files, the CR presets and the two portsetup files. Only replacing the CRfile is not enough I found out. So for me itā€™s not that big of a problem, but annoying for sure it is.

What are the 2 portsetup files? I have only one ā€œPort Setup.xmlā€

I am not at my computer right now, but I have two ā€œportā€ files next to eachother, one is not an xml file. I just tested replacing those together with the CRpreset file, and it works everytime.
Takes me about 10 seconds and Iā€™m ready. But this should not be happening offcourse. And as said it only happens after a crash and restart that I loose my CRpresets.

Checked: I have two files : 2 files Port setup.xlm and Port setup.xml.
I always replace those two + the CRpreset file

No, I only have Port setup.xml (not xlm). I also check in C12: also only one Port setup.xml

What is in the xlm file?

Donā€™t know, canā€™t read it. Maybe it is an incorrect file, made in the past somewhere and not in use. Iā€™m a long time Cubase-user.
Try replacing to CRpreset and that one Port setup file.
I keep those files on a seperate drive and replace them each time my CR is lost.

I will try the next time I loose my settings. Will update hereā€¦
a