13.0.40 Update losing Controlroom settings

This should not happen I assume. Had a lot of settings in my Controlroom for 2 interfaces and Cues and Inserts. All gone after updating.

Did you save the settings as a preset?

Yes, i save all audio connections as presets, but those were gone.
I always backup all my steinberg folders luckily. There I found a controlroompreset.
But this should not be happening with a fix-update

2 Likes

Luckily? Nah. Just good common sense practice. I canā€™t tell you how many times a backup of various Cubase related folders before an update has saved my bacon. Especially the main Cubase Prefs folder.

2 Likes

Yep, same here :roll_eyes:

Do you think weā€™ll ever get an update where they fix stuff without screwing up other things that they shouldnā€™t have been anywhere near?

Update: Iā€™ve just checked RAMPresets and the settings are there! Theyā€™re just not being read!

Mac or Win?
Thanks!

Here it is working fine (my presets for CR and audio connections still available). Iā€™m using Mac OS Sonoma 14.5

1 Like

Windows 10. All presets for audio connections were still there, only the Controlroom settings were gone. Thankfully Inhave a backup of all setting-files, but it should not be happening.

2 Likes

Hi how can i backup(store) my controlroom settingsšŸ™ˆ

On PC Cubase saves those settings in a file:
in AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase13/Presets there is a file ā€œControlroomPresets.pxmlā€ COpy/save that file somewhere and put it back if necessary.

Thank you
Yes i am on PC W11

Hi,

So far, I canā€™t reproduce this issue either on Windows or Mac.

2 Likes

And pay for the priviligeā€¦

RAMPresets.xml too iirc

Windows 10

1 Like

Hi Martin, thanks for replying. ā€œReproducingā€ this issue seems a bit odd to me. Itā€™s just updating the Cubase-version with the downloadmanager. I worked on a project that morning in version 30 and then update to version 40 and opening that same project again and all CR-settings were gone. W10-22H2, nothing on my computer changed in between. Everything else in Cubase worked just fine also all ins and outs presets were present, only the CR not.

1 Like

Cubase completely resets my control room settings once in a while (including inputs/outputs). It can be twice a month, can be twice a week - very random, canā€™t reproduce.
Either it just hates ā€œSoundID Referenceā€ which I use in inserts or something in Cubase is broken.

Every day is a mystery - I never know if Iā€™ll have to set up all my control settings again or not.
And of course, this update has reset everything as well.

It would be awesome if Cubase team would look into that.

3 Likes

Please backup that CR file that I mention here above. Then it is easy to replace it again when Cubase messes things up. Huge timesaver

1 Like

FWIW, I make extensive use of Control Room and have a fairly complex configuration for it.

No issue updating to .40, all settings were preserved, so this doesnā€™t seem to be a systemic issue, rather something specific to this usersā€™ context.

2 Likes

My CR is all fine and all settings correct on 13.0.40 Windows 11.
I use Sonarworks in my Control Room on two inserts on separate outputs - one for main monitors and one for Headphones. All works perfectly on Cubase 13.0.40.